MASTER’S PROGRAMME IN ECONOMICS AND POLITICS
The primary focus of the Master’s Programme lies on developing analytical competences and problem-solving skills that prepare students for a job at the international companies, public authorities and research institutions. Master’s Programme represent innovative approaches to interdisciplinary training of specialists in economics, who have a thorough knowledge of the laws of modern economic systems in the context of globalization, as well as special practical skills in developing and evaluating the effectiveness of economic policy using quantitative methods.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAMME
- provide ability to apply modern economic theories and economic tools to handle practical economic problems on macro- and microeconomic scale;
- allows to gain sophisticated understanding of fundamental economic principles and application of quantitative methods in data analysis;
- develop communicating, strategic thinking, creative and problem-solving skills;
- provides a strong basis for professional development and offering ample employment opportunities in corporate and financial sectors;
- develop leadership skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment in solving practical economic problems;
- ample opportunities for academic mobility, internships abroad, internships in leading Ukrainian and international companies, government and research institutions;
- qualified lecturers who have certificates of English language proficiency, as well as international publications in top general-interest journals in economics;
- extensive opportunities for the realization of creative abilities and development of soft skills that are responsible for high productivity.
The Master’s degree in Economics and politics provides in-depth knowledge of modern economic theories and quantitative methods with skills of their application in company management and strategic decision-making, which is highly valued by Ukrainian and foreign employers. Graduates of the Master’s Programme held positions of managers in international and Ukrainian companies; analysts in audit and consulting companies; leading specialist in departments and directorates in state authorities; researchers in national universities and research institutions.
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Ukrainian for Foreigners / Current Issues of Economics and Economic Policy
- Welfare Economics
- Modern Financial Markets
- Industrial Organization
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Methodology and Organization of Economic and Political Research
- Taxation Policy
- New Political Economy
- Monetary Policy
- Professional and Corporate Ethics
- Intellectual Property Policy Making
- Economic analisys of Law
- Institutions and Economic Development
- Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Models
- Statistic Methods in Politica Economy
- Strategic Management
- Development Economics: Theory and Policy
- Sustainable Development Policy
- Project Management
- Game Theory and Its Economic Application
- Intergovermental Transfer Relation
- The Theory and Practice of International Economic Relations
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Admission involves a selection procedure (examination in Economics) to assess student’s relevance to the programme.
– Applicants whose native language is not English must provide one of the internationally recognised certificates of CEFR Level B1-C2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or pass the English examination.
Master of Economics
LANGUAGE OF TEACHING
Monday – Friday: 9:00-17:00
Vasylkivska Str.90-A, room 609
Kiev-22, 03022, Ukraine
Tel.: (38044) 521-55-80