Master’s Programme in Economics
LANGUAGE OF TEACHING
The programme provides in-depth knowledge of economic theory and quantitative methods with skills of their application, which is highly valued by business leaders and policy-makers. The primary focus is on developing analytical and logical problem-solving understanding and competences that prepare students for work at public authorities, research institutes, banks, financial companies, and international organisations.
Upon completing the programme students will:
acquire ability to apply economic theory and economic tools to handle practical problems and interpret economic phenomena;
- gain sophisticated understanding of fundamental economic principles, application of mathematical methods and modelling, and skills of large-scale data analysis;
- have capacity to draw valid conclusions and assess the assumptions made for them;
- ldevelop their communicating skills in dealing with economic issues that are under consideration of the domestic or international audiences;
- undergo comprehensive training to work independently and in multidisciplinary environment;
- develop their strategic thinking skills, creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- extend their comprehensive familiarity with sources of economic information and master ability to tailor appropriate tools of economic analysis to meet new economic and business challenges;
- be able to apply econometric methods to micro- and macroeconomic data and independently present overviews of the state of knowledge in a particular field;
- be able critically explain current research in behavioural and experimental economics, financial and international economics, macroeconomics, regulation, competition and sustainable economic development.
The Master’s degree in Economics provides opportunities to join consultancy firms, banks, insurance companies as analyst, consultant or strategist or join any international or governmental organization in research work. One can opt for teaching Economics or start doing PhD in any top university.
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Mathematical Methods in Economics
- Advanced Econometrics
- Industrial Organization
- Long-Run Development
- New Political Economy
- Behavioural and Experimental Economics
- Advanced Theory of Taxation
- Advanced International Trade
- Advanced Economic History
- Methodology and Organization for Economic Research
- Professional and Corporate Ethics
- Advanced Statistics
- Strategic Management
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property
- Labour Economics: Theory and Applications
- New Keynesian Macroeconomics
- Game Theory
- Monetary Theory
- Environmental Theory
- Institutional Economics
- Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Models
- Public Economics
- Time Series Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Admission involves a selection procedure (examination in Economics) to assess student’s relevance to the programme.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide one of the internationally recognised certificates of CEFR Level B1-C2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or pass the English examination.
From 17 to 24 July 2017
From 25 July to 2 August 2017
Language of teaching